UK Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

Friday 20 February 2015

Money Saving Tips

Since the beginning of the year I've been trying harder to save money while living at home, to help in the future. I'm a terrible saver but have been implementing the following ideas to help me be more sensible with my money.


So here are my top tips saving tips:

Keep a tally
Write down everything you spend and what on so you can keep a tally and see where your worst spending is so you can control it better. 

Take advantage of discount codes
Always have a quick google to see if you can find a code for a money off percentage or even free delivery to save a few pounds.

Use loyalty cards
Loyalty cards are great for saving some money in the long run. I always use Boots Advantage Card and save up the points for a treat or when I'm more sprayed for cash. Also my Tesco Clubcard is fab for saving fuel points up to save money on filling my car!

Give yourself an extra bill
Put aside a set amount of money into your savings account every time you are paid as if it is a bill so your always saving something.

Pause before impulse buying
To stop impulse buying consider if you really need the item. What will I wear with it? Does it really suit me? Have I already got something similar? Do I really need another lipstick? Ask yourselves these or similar questions before commenting to the purchase.

Don't shop online
It's far too easy to spend lots of money online and is always my downfall! If you really want to go shopping physically go, so you can carry the bags and actually see and feel how much you are spending. 

Pack your lunch
buying bread, a sandwich filling and a multipack of crisps works out cheaper than any meal deal in a shop or supermarket. Plus you get to make your sandwich exactly as you want them and know exactly whats going in them!
Have you got any other tips to help save money?



SHARE:

2 comments

© emily louise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig