UK Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 11 January 2015

My Orlando Adventure 2014


I've been wanted to write about my adventure in Orlando, Florida for ages! Last year I finally went on the trip of a lifetime I've always wanted to, me and my brother decided to finally go to Universal Studios!
We stayed in a Holiday Inn around the corner from Universal and had a whole week to enjoy the parks! I was absolutely amazed by the whole experience. It was defiantly one of the greatest experiences of my life.



In partial my favourite areas of the park had to be Harry Potter World and Simpsons Land.
Meeting Milhouse was a personal highlight, along with eating an actual Krusty Burger! Harry Potter World was just incredible! The details was astonishing, even Hogwarts castle was massive! I never wanted to leave and came away with pretty much every Harry Potter related souvenir going.



We were lucky enough to be at the park for the opening day of Diagon Alley! We queued for almost 4 hours in the baking sun to get through the magical wall into Diagon Ally but it was SO worth it! Again the detail was amazing! There was even Knockturn Alley and of course the amazing dragon on top of Gringotts Bank, which breaths fire every 30 mins or so, fire so hot if you're standing close enough you can feel the heat coming from its flames! We unfortunately didn't get to try the Escape From Gringotts ride as the queue was a ridiculous 6 HOURS long.... yes 6 hours!



Along with visiting the Universal parks we also visited Busch Gardens which has some of the most insane roller-costers I've ever experienced! One that stood out in particular was SheiKra, which we embarked on not having a clue we were letting ourselves in for a horrific 200ft 90 degree drop!! The most frightening but exhilarating experience of my life! Alongside all the awesome roller-coasters was some beautiful wildlife including cheetahs, gators, tigers, gorillas and so much more! It was an amazing place.



I thought I would do a quick round up of my top 10 roller-coasters at the Universal parks:

1 Harry Potter's Dragon Challenge
2 The Mummy
3 Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey
4 The Amazing Spider Man
5 The Incredible Hulk
6 The Simpsons Ride
7 Hogwarts Express
8 Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
9 Despicable Me - Minon Mayhem
10 Transformers

By far our favourite rides were the Harry Potter ones. The Dragon Challenge being a looping high speed roller-coaster and The Forbidden Journey being an amazing flying 4D adventure through Hogwarts, the grounds and beyond! The one that surprised us as being absolutely amazing was The Mummy! We didn't expect much but were astonished by the speed and surprises it gave, especially the first time on it! Whoa!

I LOVED Orlando and would go back in a heart beat. Hopefully one day I will have the money to return. I keep saying to myself if I ever get married Universal is where I want to honeymoon!







*All pictures are my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© emily louise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig