UK Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Getting back on the style wagon...

Is it just me or do the winter months slower pull you into a routine of comfy jeans and jumpers?
Don't get me wrong, jeans and jumpers are a great combo but I feel like I'm wearing the same boots, jeans and combinations of pull overs all the time and along with my hair really needing an overhaul (do I go blonde or stay brunette?) I feel like a right slob and I'm in a complete style rut... :(
So how do we go about pulling ourselves out of this winter rut of cozy knitwear?
Here are some things I'm trying to implicate to inspire me to have a fashionable start to 2015:

Internet window shopping
Some of the best inspiration can come from models wearing items of clothing you can buy. Disregarding their shape or size you can get a decent impression on how an item looks when worn and how it can be styled with other items. Also you can buy the complete outfit if you want! I find ASOS one of the best websites for this as the models are all styled up wonderfully all in clothing found on the ASOS website!

Inspirational fashion bloggers
I find looking at my favourite fashion bloggers' Instagram pages very inspirational for style ideas. Remember it's their job to showcase their style and for you to get ideas from. I regular look back through my favourites (listed below) to gain a boost of style inspiration!

http://instagram.com/llymlrs
http://instagram.com/hanvalentine_
http://instagram.com/zoelondondj

Pinterest
The women's fashion category on Pinterest can inspire all sorts of creative looks. You can search for more specific things or see where scrolling through the items takes you. Great for inspiriting outfits!

Here is a link to my Pinterest fashion board so you can see the things I've picked out to inspire outfits:
http://www.pinterest.com/emilylouise06/fashion

Money
Finding money for new clothes can be a tricky one. I like to turn my wardrobe around by selling pieces I don't wear or like anymore on ebay, and use the extra cash made to put towards new clothes! Also look out for online discount deals such as percentages off or free shipping, and if you're a student, never pass up the change to get an NUS card and nab some student discount!  Rememberer you don't have to buy whole new outfits, you can find pieces to work with items you already own, whether it's just an accessory that changes the outfit or a new skirt to wear with some tops you already own.

Do you have any top tips for getting back into style in winter/the new year?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love these tips! Fashion bloggers are the first people I look to for style inspiration!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yer I love using them for inspiration! Do you have any good ones you look at regulary?

      Delete
  2. You're right and this post is really great!

    New Outfit: keep it simple on lb-lc fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Maybe I should do some one fashion related posts!

      Delete

© emily louise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig