UK Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday 6 January 2015

MAC Superslick Eyeliner VS. Topshop Liner

I must have tried hundreds of different eyeliners over the years. Perfecting the cat eye flick has taken years in the making! Two products I came across, one higher end and one more 'drugstore' price, I decided to compare the two to see who came out on top.


I came across MAC's Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in On The Hunt for £17.50 while scouting for a new eyeliner to try. This is an expensive product, but I love MAC makeup so decided to give it a go. I immediately loved the formula and applicator and didn't think i would find anything as good. I picked up Topshop's Liner online while doing a shopping order and popped it in my basket to give it a go for only £7 to see it if could compare to my MAC Superslick as it was more than half the price!

The MAC Superslick has a thicker formula than the Topshop one, but I found that this caused it to become lumpy and dried out much quicker than the Topshop version. Both liners have the same thin, precise applicator foam tip, although Topshop's is slightly thinner. Both set well when dry and stay all day! When removing the liner they both become crumbly which some people cold dislike. MAC was harder to remove and defiantly had more staying power, probably because of the thicker formula. 

All in all for over £10 less than the MAC Superslick, Topshop Liner comes out on top for me. With the thinner formula even though it doesn't have as much staying power as MAC, it doesn't dry out as quickly. and is beautifully precise, plus it's a bargain at £7! 

Have you found any amazing liquid eyeliners I should try?

MAC Superslick Eyeliner - On The Hunt - £17.50


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© emily louise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig