UK Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

Thursday 10 September 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Review


As soon as I heard about this foundation I had it on order! Described as a "miracle in a bottle'" thats been 5 years in the making and said to transform skin (as if by magic), to a pore less, perfect finish, I knew I had to give it a go. I haven't tried many Charlotte Tilbury products as they are quite pricy but at £29.50 this foundation was a reasonable enough price to give it a go, and boy am I glad I did!

On the website it says it can do the following:
cover acne, acne scaring, redness, rosacea, discolouration, melanoma, tighten pores, reduce shine, minimise oil production after 9 weeks, smooth the appearance of winkles in just 1 hour, help fill lines, deep wrinkles, age spots and thread veins, help to reduce the appearance of age spots by 75% AND has an antioxidant formula which rejuvenates the skin from within for a rested, refreshed look!

WOW! I sat wondering to myself, can a foundation really do ALL that?

Shade 1 (pale with pink undertones) which when blended out is a perfect match for me!



Available in 15 shades I obviously went with the palest colour available, which turns out to be the perfect shade for me. As I have very pale skin with a pink undertone, shade 1 is perfect, but if you are pale with a yellow undertone I'd suggest shade 2 as I got a tester of this shade but it was a little too yellow for me.

The foundation has a demi-matte finish, although I'd say it was slightly more on the matte side of things, which I'm happy about. It really does mould to your skin and has a medium to heavy coverage depending on how much you build it up. It builds up beautifully without looking cakey or feeling like you have absolutely plastered the slap on, a feeling which I hate!

I do find that I need to use a bit of concealer as well to cover all the redness around my nose, but it does help fill in my pores well and I feel I can go without my primer (Bodyshop Instablur), which is great! It does give a nice semi-matte to matt finish but I still powder my t-zone as I still get a bit of oil around these areas by the afternoon if I don't, but then I do suffer badly with oil in these areas. If you have normal skin then you could probably ditch the powder all together! Drier skins might find this a tad too dry but I'd recommend mixing it with a little moisturiser to take the edge off the matte finish.

I find it goes on well with either clean fingers or a brush. I haven't got the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Complexion brush, (the one that was designed for use with this foundation), but I have been using the Zoeva Silk Finish brush, which buffs it out nicely.

Out of all the things it promises to do the things that I noticed on my skin were, redness was slightly reduced, pores and shine were reduced and my skin was left looking refreshed, while being left smooth and even without feeling heavy. Over all I can't recommend this foundation enough and I've been raving about it to anyone who will listen who has an interest in makeup! For the price you really are getting what I think is a bargain for perfect, flawless skin. If I was you, I'd go and quickly join the Magic Foundation revolution now!

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation (Shade 1) - £29.50

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© emily louise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig