UK Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

Wednesday 19 August 2015

My Top 5 Style & Make-up Staples



I thought I'd write a quick post on my top 5 style and make-up staples, the things that really make me feel like me!

Winged Eyeliner
Whenever I try to have 'no make-up makeup days' or try to reduce the amount of eye makeup I wear by ditching the sometimes fiddly process of applying winged liquid eyeliner I just don't feel like me! A quick flick of black liner makes me feel like me and feel so much better and more made up! I think I've been wearing it for so many years I just don't feel like me without it.

Red Nail Varnish
My collection of red shades is ridiculous... my boyfriend can't understand it, no one can understand it, but to me, every shade of red is brilliant and slightly different! I have pink toned reds, blue toned reds, berries and burgundies, and I'm forever picking up red nail varnishes to add to my collection! I've tried branching out to lilacs and blues and oranges but it just doesn't feel right and I always end up taking it off and going back to a beloved red shade!

Leather Jacket
Wherever I'm going, whether it be to the shop, into town, for a meal or not to a club my faithful (faux) leather jacket is a staple for me! It's so easy to throw on and goes with everything! Sometimes my outfit just doesn't feel complete without it. I keep thinking I should invest in a real leather one that will last me forever... I spy an All Saints splurge happening...

My Glasses
I have a love hate relationship with my glasses. Sometimes I hate wearing them as they get in the way, sometimes slide down my nose and always seem to be covered in make-up. But at times I don't feel like me when I'm not wearing them. I only wear them at work usually as at weekends I wear contact lenses but sometimes I think they really help to frame my face and the black frames look killer with winged eyeliner and red lips!

Black Ankle Boots
I feel most comfortable in flats, particularly one of my many pairs of black boots, I just don't feel right in heels. I never feel comfortable and always feel self conscious. I know heels are meant to make you feel tall and elegant, but I always feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, tottering about and I much prefer to wear a nice pair of boots (maybe with a slight heel) or even just a dressy pair of flats any day! My boyfriend is forever taking the mick out of my black boot buying addiction, but I feel so at home in a pair of black ankle boots. They are comfortable, can be dressed up our down and go with pretty much anything!

So what are your staples?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© emily louise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig