UK Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

Saturday 14 March 2015

Spring Style Staples



Today I thought I would share with you my spring style staples! These are the key pieces I'm turning to transitioning from bitter cold winter days to brighter (possibly slightly warmer?) spring ones. I've always had a very monochrome wardrobe and all these pieces fit into it perfectly! Hopefully I'm going to try and inject a little more colour moving into summer!
Duster Coats
Duster coats are the perfect transitional piece (along with trench coats). They are great for laying over jumpers but nice and light for spring and potentially warmer weather. I've been looking for the perfect one and finally found it in the form of this beautiful grey one from Topshop. I can finally ditch the heavy black winter boyfriend coat and reach for this little number to smarten up an outfit.
Topshop Crimped Duster Coat - £79.00

Pointed Flat Boots
I love boots, and some black flat pointed ones are perfect for dressing a more causal outfit up while still being comfortable. You could even brave bare legs with some simple ankle boots like these. Personally it's a bit too nippy still for me to be getting my ghostly white pins out just yet!
Dorothy Perkins Pointed Flat Boots - £25.00

Backpacks
Great for throwing your essentials in before heading off for a sunny Spring walk or a shopping trip backpacks are a great alternative to a massive shopper or shoulder bag. I love this one from Urban Outfitters that I recently picked up, it's big enough to put everything I need in (umbrella included) and easy to throw on my back leaving my hands free for my camera.
Urban Outfitters Deena & Ozzy Zip & Clip Backpack - £48.00

Scarfs
Scarfs are always great for adding a little something extra to an outfit, along with an easy extra bit of warmth, yet small enough to keep in your bag. This one I have from Topshop is massive but so snuggly and great for wrapping up in if I'm feeling a bit chilly. It also doubles up as a great picnic blanket!
Topshop Mono Knit Scarf - £25.00

Sunglasses
Now the days are starting to get slightly brighter I like to keep my sunglasses in my bag. It's important to protect your eyes, even from the slightest bit of sun, and I'm particularly light sensitive so like to keep mine at hand. I got these from River Island for a bargain at £10. They are a nice, much much cheaper dupe for Ray-Ban Clubmasters and come in several different colour so I might be picking up a few more pairs.
River Island Black Half Frame Retro Sunglasses - £10.00

What are you're style staples for spring?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© emily louise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig